Tasmania, contact PDG John Dare
MENTAL HEALTH FORUMS
In conjunction with the Muster there will be Forums in a number of venues.
The aims of the Community Forum are:
- To help destigmatise mental illness
- To reduce the adverse impact of mental illness
- To improve the capacity of individuals to care for themselves
- To increase community awareness about suicide prevention
- To deliver information to individuals in local communities
The Community Forum will feature:
- Professional and local speakers
- An opportunity to learn
- Supper provided
Forum Venues and responsible Rotary Clubs
#1: DELORAINE – MONDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 7PM
ROTARY PAVILION: 2-8 ALVESTON DRIVE, DELORAINE
Rotary Club of Deloraine
#2: RIVERSIDE – THURSDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 7PM
WINDSOR COMMUNITY PRECINCT: 1 WINDSOR DRIVE, RIVERSIDE
Rotary Club of West Tamar
FORUM #3: ST HELENS – SATURDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 7PM
TIDAL WATERS RESORT: 1 QUAIL STREET, ST HELENS
Rotary Club of St Helens
FORUM #4: MARGATE – SATURDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 7PM
KINGBOROUGH COMMUNITY BOWLS CLUB: 1615 CHANNEL HIGHWAY, MARGATE
Rotary Club of D”Entrecasteaux Channel
FORUM #5: QUEENSTOWN – MONDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 7PM
QUEENSTOWN COUNCIL CHAMBERS: 11 STICHT STREET, QUEENSTOWN
Rotary Club of Queenstown
FORUM #6: SMITHTON – THURSDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 7PM
CIRCULAR HEAD COMMUNITY CENTRE: 72 NELSON STREET, SMITHTON
Rotary Club of Smithton
FORUM #7: ULVERSTONE – FRIDAY 23RD FEBRUARY 7PM
ULVERSTONE SHOW GROUNDS & LEISURE COMPLEX: FLORA STREET,
Rotary Club of Ulverstone
Download a Community Forum Brochure
The Psychs on Bikes team, will be joining us in Queenstown.
The idea came from the Rotary Tag Along tours, where Rotarians and others would gather and participate in a caravanning tour in a defined area of Australia. These tours have been successfully held for several years and the opportunity came in 2016 for Australian
Rotary Health to be the beneficiary of funds raised for our mental health programs during the Tasmanian tour.
You can join us in Tasmania in February 2018. We would love you to be with us for the entire time with your caravan, mobile home or car or come along for one of our “Runs”. You have the option to complete as little or as many as you want.
We are all independent, but not alone on the Muster for Mental Health. Get on the road with a purpose, to bring awareness and forums on mental health and youth suicide.
For more details contact ARH corporate manager Terry Davies email@example.com.
In Tasmania, contact PDG John Dare
Tasmania Sunday 4 February to Sunday 25 February 2018 22 Days
- It all starts at Deloraine, the National Trust Town of significance. Not far to Beauty Point with a stop to taste those cool climate wines.
- St Helens, the largest town on Tasmania’s North-East Coast, is the next stop. Catch up on the scenery at Binalong Bay and the southern end of the beautiful beaches of the Bay of Fires.
- On to Orford with the Maria Island National Park and those swimming beaches of including Raspins, Shelley and Spring Beaches.
- Drive to Port Arthur to check out the Blow Hole, The Devil’s Kitchen and the numerous look outs over these spectacular coastal scenery. Don’t miss the Port Arthur Historical Sites.
- The beautiful Huon Drive makes for one of the best drives in the state passing through the Wellington Range.
- Next to Strahan, nestled on the shores of the massive Macquarie Harbour and the gateway to the World Heritage listed Franklin – Gordon Wild Rivers National Park.
- The climb to Cradle Mountains takes you through the ancient forests and alpine heaths as you look up to that 1,545 meters above sea level summit.
- Move on to breathe the cleanest air in the world at Cape Grim and stay at Smithton.
- On Sunday 25 February 2018 is a breakfast, followed by a Festival in the Park, if anyone wishes to attend. The Festival is an annual event run by two Ulverstone Rotary clubs and Rotaract.
In Tasmania contact John Dare
10 Oct 2017 RE: RT